Beginner with SQL

tsaracini
I received a .sql file recently and I need to pull information or query said information as reports. I'm primarily a Microsoft Office user. Excel has been the extent of my database knowledge. I'm willing to give SQL a try, I'm just not sure on how to get started. I found your tutorial series on YouTube and have found the information on SQL very informative. My first question: What software should I go with? I don't have a server to host the database, so it will be running straight from my laptop. How do I import the .sql file into the software that I choose? I will not be creating tables or databases from scratch, but I need to be able to pull specific information from the .sql file that I receive. Please advise.