cant save to database using insert into...

cant save to database using insert into...

xilent
 MySqlCommand^ cmdDatabase = gcnew MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO testdatabase.userinfo (firstname,lastname,username,password) VALUES ('" + reg_firstText + "','" + reg_lastText + "','" + reg_userText + "','" + reg_passText + "');", conDatabase);

Program runs fine with no errors, but when i hit my button to save the values from the textbox i go check MySQL Workbench and in my table it shows this under name, surname etc...  System.Windows.Forms.TextBox, Text: John rather than just John